The UTSA Intelligence Community Center for Academic Excellence (IC CAE) Scholarship is designed to recruit and train the next generation of technical professionals for a career in the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC). This program provides scholarships for graduate students pursuing degrees, minors, or concentrations in statistics, data science, data analytics, computer science, computer engineering, and cyber security through a grant awarded by the Defense Intelligence Agency and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, per scholarship sponsor
- Student must be able to meet the established criteria for U.S. federal employment
- Must pass security clearance pre-screening
- Ability to obtain a U.S. high level security clearance strongly preferred
Among Equally Qualified Applicants
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need as determined by the UTSA Office of Student Financial Aid
- Preference will be given to first generation college students
A Completed Application Requires the Following:
- IC CAE Scholarship Application Form
- Personal Statement indicating why applicant should be considered for the IC CAE scholarship (500 words max). Please specify your interest in national security studies, research, and/or interest in employment with the federal government.
- FAFSA – information available at: https://onestop.utsa.edu/financialaid/apply/fafsa
*Program eligibility does not guarantee selection for the interview panel. Students selected for the interview panel will be based on an initial evaluation of a completed application.
** All completed applications should be emailed directly to Lisa Ho at Lisa.Ho@utsa.edu. Physical copies can be dropped off at College of Business Graduate Studies Office located in the Business Building, Room 4.01.18H.
For questions and additional information, please call (210) 458-5283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.