The Quincy Lee Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established by The Real Estate Council of San Antonio with support from friends in the real estate community, to honor one of its leaders, Quincy Lee.
Quincy Lee was a pioneer in the construction of quality, low-cost housing in San Antonio who later became a leader in commercial and industrial development. He passed away in 1997.
His good friend, banker Charles E. Cheever Jr., noted that Lee was a great philanthropist, but was adamant about his donations not being publicized. Lee was the first San Antonio builder to use prefabricated structural trusses and wall sections.
Some of Quincy’s accomplishments included the following.
- Member – National Housing Hall of Fame, Washington, D.C.
- Past President – Greater San Antonio Builders Association
- Builder of the Year – San Antonio
- First recipient of the ANYTOWN Pioneer Award
- National Humanitarian Society Award