Visit the college's event calendar to view and register for upcoming workshops.
A series of virtual workshops designed by the college's Success Center to advance students' professionalism and strengthen their career readiness.
Get a Grip on Your Internship
Have a casual virtual chat with staff from the Carlos Alvarez College of Business on a range of internship topics, including the internship preparation process, academic credit internships, upcoming events and more!
Internship Weekly Wednesday Workshops
Join weekly coaching sessions to prepare for a future internship. Topics range from resume and cover letter development to internship search strategies.
The LeaderShape® Institute™ challenges participants to lead with integrity while working toward a vision grounded in their deepest values. Participants explore not only what they want to do, but who they want to be.
Attend information sessions with corporate business partners to learn more about their unique corporate culture, as well as discuss their internship and full-time employment opportunities.
Virtual Leadership Exploration and Development Program (vLead)
These high-energy virtual sessions presented by Collegiate Empowerment are an interactive and engaging way to enhance a student’s leadership skills. All the sessions are based on specific topics including “You Can’t Lead Others Until You First Lead Yourself™,” “The Student Leadership Challenge® Experience,” and “Strengths for College Students™.”
89% of students more confident in job market after CAP
98% of students report CAP is effective
94% of students would refer a friend to CAP
In partnership with the college's academic faculty, the Career Action Program (CAP) is an integral part of the curriculum for MGT 3003 Business Communication and Professional Development.
What is CAP?
- CAP will connect your academic learning, experiences and professional development to provide you with a competitive edge in the job market.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of professional development topics and enhance your career awareness through a series of sessions and workshops.
- Engage in hands-on learning with numerous opportunities to practice proper business etiquette, making professional introductions, interview skills and networking in a variety of settings.
- Engage in meaningful interactions with members of the regional corporate community and engage in the deliberate practice of skills to support a heightened level of career and industry awareness, while developing and building your digital and interpersonal networking.
Email email@example.com to learn more.
A resource for UTSA’s University Career Center offering information, events and employment opportunities.
A tool for career exploration and job analysis, with detailed descriptions of the occupations and industries
Site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor offering free interest and skills assessments
The University Career Center’s recruiting platform for UTSA students and alumni
One of the larger job boards, providing job listings secured directly from employers
A “career community,” members share reviews, salaries, interview information and also offers extensive searchable job listings
Explore international internship opportunities through UTSA's global jobs portal.
Leading job site with millions of job listings from thousands of websites
Top search site for internships, featuring over 95,000 internships at over 65,000 organizations
Professional networking site with job listings
A database of a million positions nationwide
The top place to look for government jobs, searchable by location, agency, job category and salary
A job search engine that quickly and easily connects the right people with the right careers
An overview and links to Intelligence Community job search resources
A top site for STEM jobs with a focus on technology, financial services, energy and healthcare jobs
Leading source for jobs and career information in academia, including faculty, staff, and administrative positions
Job search and information site for internships and jobs in the non-profit sector
The official source for careers in the U.S. Intelligence Community (U.S. citizenship is required)
A listing of job resources in the Intelligence Studies field
The university has partnered with VMock to help you create a powerful resume. Powered by cutting edge data science, VMock is an online, 24/7 resume review tool which provides personalized resume feedback based on your profile, professional and academic experiences and your background in no time. The platform is backed by sophisticated analytics along with global best practices and recruiters’ perspectives that will make your resume career-ready.
Here’s a sneak peek of what VMock delivers for you:
- Instant resume score benchmarked against other UTSA Carlos Alvarez College of Business students
- Comprehensive presentation checks to create a strong first impression
- Intelligent assessment of core competencies to help you showcase your skills
- Actionable and targeted feedback to create striking and impressive bullets
- Opportunity to share the resume with your mentors and peers for detailed feedback
How to Leverage VMock
- Upload the PDF version of your resume on VMock and receive a score and detailed feedback in less than 30 seconds
- Incorporate the system-generated suggestions and feedback
- Re-upload the new version to see your resume score increase
- Schedule a one-on-one appointment with the Student Success Center for further resume guidance
VMock Resume App is now available on:
- Google Play
- App Store
Undergraduate Career Resource Templates
- Undergraduate Resume Template
- Sample Undergraduate Resume for Freshman/Sophomores
- Sample Undergraduate Resume for Juniors/Seniors
- Cover Letter Template (Microsoft Word Doc)
- Reference List (Microsoft Word Doc)
- Thank You Letter (Microsoft Word Doc)
- Networking Card (Microsoft Word Doc)