The Carlos Alvarez College of Business at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is one of the 40 largest business schools in the United States.
Accredited by AACSB International, at UTSA you will experience a comprehensive curriculum taught by experienced faculty and instructors. San Antonio is the seventh largest city in the United States and was originally founded as a Spanish mission and colonial outpost in the early 1700s. San Antonio is the home of the historic Alamo, as well as the River Walk, which is a pedestrian promenade that winds along the San Antonio River in the heart of downtown.
As an international student, you need to be officially nominated by your home institution and have a completed UTSA application. Please refer to the UTSA application received after your nomination deadlines.
Nomination Deadlines -
Fall (Aug – Dec): March 15
Spring (Jan – May): October 15
We welcome nominations from our current partner universities:
- EBS Business School
- EM Strasbourg Business School
- Management School ESSCA
- Waseda University
Review UTSA's eligibility requirements for incoming exchange students through our Education Abroad office. In addition to these requirements:
- You must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an institution that has a bilateral student exchange agreement with the UTSA Carlos Alvarez College of Business.
- You need to be nominated by your home university.
- You must have at least a 2.5 out of 4.0 grade point average equivalent in all college hours attempted.
You will pay tuition to your home institution. In addition to tuition, you should also budget for the following expenses:
- Airfare (roundtrip)
- Non-academic fees (i.e. student services fee, recreation center fee, athletic fee, etc.)
- Visa fees
- Miscellaneous expenses
Visit UTSA’s Education Abroad webpage for more information on obtaining your visa, immunizations, housing, health insurance and finances.