The UTSA Master of Science degree in Information Technology (MSIT) provides information systems and computer science professionals with the opportunity to acquire technical knowledge in a variety of specialized information technology fields, and the management skills to create, plan, organize, lead and control information technology in their organizations. The program is designed for students with a technical background and preferably an undergraduate or graduate degree in information systems or computer science.
Become an information technology leader by earning a UTSA Master of Science in Information Technology degree from our top-ranked business school in San Antonio, Texas.
How to Apply
The online application form is available through UTSA’s Graduate School website, and it may be saved and updated until you are ready to pay the application fee and submit.
In addition to the application requirements below, applicants must also meet university-wide graduate admission requirements.
- Completed application form: Includes loading all required documents, paying your application fee and clicking on the “Submit” button
- Current resume: Optional requirement, include employment or other related experience
- Letters of reference: Optional requirement
- Statement of academic and personal goals: Approximately 1-2 pages, there are no specific format requirements
- Requirement for standardized tests: GRE/GMAT are waived for Summer and Fall 2020 admission
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application materials. If your application is successful, official transcripts are required by the end of your first semester.
- International applicant TOEFL test scores: Until further notice, any applicants with a TOEFL score on hand should submit their result (regardless of date) as part of the application. Applicants without TOEFL scores, will complete alternate evaluations to demonstrate English proficiency following admission.
- Telecommunication Systems
- Strategic Management of Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Database Management Systems
- Introduction to Voice and Data Security
- Computer Forensics
- Cyber Law
- Information Resource Management
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
Median Salary For UTSA MS Information Technology Graduates: $69,996
A True Learning Community
The classes are the perfect mix between hands-on learning and academics. I’ve made lifelong friends, and I’ve found my passion for cyber security at UTSA.
’15, MSIT ’17