The Master of Science degree in Information Technology (MSIT) provides information systems and computer science professionals with the opportunity to acquire technical knowledge in a variety of specialized information technology fields, and the management skills to create, plan, organize, lead and control information technology in their organizations. The program is designed for students with a technical background and preferably an undergraduate or graduate degree in information systems or computer science.
Must complete university-wide graduate admission requirements in addition to the following.
- A completed application form
- A statement of academic and personal goals
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) (no more than five years old)
- A current resume with employment or other experience (optional)
- Letters of reference (optional)
- Telecommunication Systems
- Strategic Management of Information Technology
- Software Engineering
- Database Management Systems
- Introduction to Voice and Data Security
- Computer Forensics
- Cyber Law
- Information Resource Management
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
Median Salary For Information Systems Graduates: $69,996
A True Learning Community
The classes are the perfect mix between hands-on learning and academics. I’ve made lifelong friends, and I’ve found my passion for cyber security at UTSA.
’15, MSIT ’17