The UTSA Master of Science in Finance program provides a comprehensive study of finance and its application to solving financial challenges facing investors, financial institutions and corporations. The rigorous and flexible curriculum is taught by accomplished faculty members who have graduated from, and worked at, premier educational and financial institutions.
Study advanced topics such as portfolio optimization, risk management, capital markets and financial valuation. Graduates of this program are prepared to tackle complex problems via in-depth instruction and interactions with industry professionals.
Become a financial leader by earning a UTSA Master of Science in Finance degree from our top-ranked business school in San Antonio, Texas.
Must complete university-wide graduate admission requirements in addition to the following.
- A completed application form
- A statement of academic and personal goals
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (no more than five years old)
- A current resume with employment or other experience
- Letters of reference (optional)
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Economics and Statistics
- Financial Institutions
- Computer Modeling
- Financial Management
- Investments and Portfolio Theory
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Managerial Financial Accounting
- Corporate Valuation
Median Salary For UTSA MS Finance Graduates: $68.389
A True Learning Community
The MSF program provided a rich working environment for learning the fundamental concepts of finance which have served as a foundation upon which I have built. I acknowledge the role its personnel played in the success I humbly enjoy today.
Toby Loftin, MSF ’99
Managing Principal and PM BP Capital Fund Advisors