The UTSA Master of Science in Finance program provides a comprehensive study of finance and its application to solving financial challenges facing investors, financial institutions and corporations. The rigorous and flexible curriculum is taught by accomplished faculty members who have graduated from, and worked at, premier educational and financial institutions.
Study advanced topics such as portfolio optimization, risk management, capital markets and financial valuation. Graduates of this program are prepared to tackle complex problems via in-depth instruction and interactions with industry professionals.
Become a financial leader by earning a UTSA Master of Science in Finance degree from our top-ranked business school in San Antonio, Texas.
How to Apply
The online application form is available through UTSA’s Graduate School website, and it may be saved and updated until you are ready to pay the application fee and submit.
In addition to the application requirements below, applicants must also meet university-wide graduate admission requirements.
- Completed application form: Includes loading all required documents, paying your application fee and clicking on the “Submit” button
- Current resume: Include employment or other related experience
- Letters of reference: Optional requirement
- Statement of academic and personal goals: Approximately 1-2 pages, there are no specific format requirements
- Requirement for standardized tests: GRE/GMAT are waived for Summer and Fall 2020 admission
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application materials. If your application is successful, official transcripts are required by the end of your first semester.
- International applicant TOEFL test scores: Until further notice, any applicants with a TOEFL score on hand should submit their result (regardless of date) as part of the application. Applicants without TOEFL scores, will complete alternate evaluations to demonstrate English proficiency following admission.
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Economics and Statistics
- Financial Institutions
- Computer Modeling
- Financial Management
- Investments and Portfolio Theory
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Managerial Financial Accounting
- Corporate Valuation
Median Salary For UTSA MS Finance Graduates: $68.389
A True Learning Community
The MSF program provided a rich working environment for learning the fundamental concepts of finance which have served as a foundation upon which I have built. I acknowledge the role its personnel played in the success I humbly enjoy today.
Toby Loftin, MSF ’99
Managing Principal and PM BP Capital Fund Advisors