Round out your educational portfolio with the UTSA Master of Science in Business degree. The Master of Science in Business offers experiential learning and career preparation so you can take the next step in your career.
This accelerated 12-month master’s program is designed to complement your undergraduate degree and lead you to a career that utilizes your passions and skills.
The full-time, cohort program provides recent college graduates from non-business majors with fundamental business knowledge and focused career coaching. Students will receive a comprehensive overview of such topics as accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing.
Our program is accredited by AACSB International, which places our college in the top five percent of business schools worldwide.
Come earn your Master of Science in Business degree from the top-ranked business school in San Antonio.
Class size: 40-50 students
Class composition: Each cohort represents a diverse set of undergraduate degrees such as biology, engineering, communications, criminal justice, English, kinesiology, political science, psychology and multidisciplinary studies.
Start dates: New cohorts begin each summer and fall
Class schedule: Typically classes and career coaching sessions are held Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. in the fall and spring semesters and on selected days during the summer session.
All admitted students are automatically considered for program scholarships. Approximately 25% of admitted students will receive some financial aid from the program.
Median Salary For UTSA MS Business Graduates: $61,000
- Quantitative Methods for Business Analysis
- Management and Behavior in Organizations
- Financial Accounting Concepts
- Economic Theory and Policy
- Marketing Management
- Effective Negotiating
- Professional Development
- Financial Management
- Essentials of Project and Program Management
A True Learning Community
My master’s degree helped me rethink my career path and gave me the confidence to branch out.
MS Business ’17
How to Apply
The online application form is available through UTSA’s Graduate School website, and it may be saved and updated until you are ready to pay the application fee and submit.
In addition to the application requirements below, applicants must also meet university-wide graduate admission requirements.
- Completed application form: Includes loading all required documents, paying your application fee and clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Current resume: Optional requirement, include employment or other related experience
- Letters of reference: Minimum of two from professors
- Statement of academic and personal goals: Approximately 1-2 pages, there are no specific format requirements
- Requirement for standardized tests: GRE/GMAT are waived for Summer and Fall 2020 admission