The Master of Science in Statistics and Data Science is designed to meet the increasing demand for trained professionals who understand the nature of designing experiments, making predictions and forecasts and analyzing large complex datasets.
Graduates of this program will be trained in a broad range of statistical methods and applied statistical analysis software to enhance their job opportunities or pursue a Ph.D. in Statistics.
Become an analytical leader by earning a UTSA Master of Science in Statistics and Data Science degree from our top-ranked business school in San Antonio, Texas.
Must complete university-wide graduate admission requirements in addition to the following.
- A completed application form
- A statement of academic and personal goals
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE) (no more than five years old)
- Three semesters of calculus and a course in linear algebra are required for unconditional admission
- A current resume with employment or other experience (optional)
- Letters of reference (optional)
- Introduction to Statistical Inference
- Applied Statistics
- Mathematical Statistics
- Advanced Programming and Data Management in SAS
- Advanced Statistical Programming Using SAS Software