The Master of Science in Statistics and Data Science is designed to meet the increasing demand for trained professionals who understand the nature of designing experiments, making predictions and forecasts and analyzing large complex datasets.
Graduates of this program will be trained in a broad range of statistical methods and applied statistical analysis software to enhance their job opportunities or pursue a Ph.D. in Statistics.
Become an analytical leader by earning a UTSA Master of Science in Statistics and Data Science degree from our top-ranked business school in San Antonio, Texas.
How to Apply
The online application form is available through UTSA’s Graduate School website, and it may be saved and updated until you are ready to pay the application fee and submit.
In addition to the application requirements below, applicants must also meet university-wide graduate admission requirements.
- Completed application form: Includes loading all required documents, paying your application fee and clicking on the “Submit” button
- Current resume: Optional requirement, include employment or other related experience
- Letters of reference: Optional requirement
- Statement of academic and personal goals: Approximately 1-2 pages, there are no specific format requirements
- Requirement for standardized tests: GRE/GMAT are waived for Summer and Fall 2020 admission
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application materials. If your application is successful, official transcripts are required by the end of your first semester.
- International applicant TOEFL test scores: Until further notice, any applicants with a TOEFL score on hand should submit their result (regardless of date) as part of the application. Applicants without TOEFL scores, will complete alternate evaluations to demonstrate English proficiency following admission.
- Three semesters of calculus and a course in linear algebra are required for unconditional admission
- Introduction to Statistical Inference
- Applied Statistics
- Mathematical Statistics
- Advanced Programming and Data Management in SAS
- Advanced Statistical Programming Using SAS Software