Cyber security provides a training ground for needed information assurance professionals. The college’s cyber security degree is offered both in the classroom and 100% online.
Students will learn to protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication and confidentiality.
UTSA’s cyber security programs have been ranked No. 1 in the nation, and the program has been named a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
Study on your own time in an engaging learning environment as part of the online cyber security program. Learn from the same top-level faculty and receive real-time mentoring from online coaches. For more information about this program, visit the cyber security online degree website.
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Network Security Administrator
- Cyber Security/Information Security Specialist
- Chief Risk Officer
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
Types of Coursework
- Cyber Law and Legal System
- Digital Forensic Analysis
- Information Assurance and Security
- Intermediate Object-Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Programming Concepts
- Introduction to Telecommunications for Business
- Intrusion Detection and Incident Response
- Network Security
- Operating Systems Security
Jobs by Industry
Median Salary For Cyber Security Graduates: $58,000
A True Learning Community
Cyber security is an interesting, but challenging major. It is like solving a new puzzle every day. I love my major because in the future I can use my knowledge to prevent hacking, and that will have positive impacts on the digital and physical world.
Cyber Security Major