Why a Pre-Ph.D. Program?
Addressing a pressing need in the marketplace, the UTSA College of Business Pre-Ph.D. program provides students with experience in research necessary to be a competitive candidate for top-rated Ph.D. programs.
The program, which is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at UTSA, will cultivate a student’s interest in pursuing a doctoral education. Given the need for under-represented minorities in higher education, and UTSA’s status as a Hispanic Serving Institution, this program will be vital in training the next generation of faculty members.
The goal is to make this program the premier recruitment vehicle for research-intensive universities as they seek to find and enroll candidates for their Ph.D. programs. This program will partner with the Ph.D. Project and the KPMG Foundation to help fulfill this mission.
- Develop transferrable research skills
- Learn how to execute a research project
- Enhance your presentation skills
- Gain access to industry mentors and contacts
- Participate in Ph.D. Project events and conferences
- The program includes a three-course series taught by talented research faculty that can serve as role models and mentors for students in the program.
- Interact with current Ph.D. students and attend research workshops
- Present at a research symposium
- Students will be highly-competitive applicants for the Ph.D. Program conference.
- Participants will be highly-competitive applicants for top-ranked Ph.D. programs.