Why a Pre-Ph.D. Pathway?
Addressing a pressing need in the marketplace, the UTSA Carlos Alvarez College of Business Pre-Ph.D. Pathway provides students with experience in the research necessary to be competitive candidates for top-rated business and economics Ph.D. programs.
The primary audience for this pathway is undergraduate and graduate business students, but it is open to other areas across majors such as engineering, computer science, etc. The Pre-Ph.D. pathway will cultivate a student’s interest in pursuing a doctoral education. Given the need for under-represented minorities in higher education and UTSA’s status as a Hispanic Serving Institution, this initiative will be vital in training the next generation of faculty members.
The goal is to make the Pre-Ph.D. Pathway a premier recruitment vehicle for research-intensive universities as they seek to find and enroll candidates for their Ph.D. programs. This initiative will partner with the Ph.D. Project and the KPMG Foundation to help fulfill this mission.
- Develop transferrable research skills
- Learn how to execute a research project
- Enhance your presentation skills
- Gain access to industry mentors and contacts
- Participate in Ph.D. Project events and conferences
- A three-course series taught by talented research faculty that can serve as role models and mentors for students in the pathway
- Interact with current Ph.D. students and attend research workshops
- Present at a research symposium
- Students will be highly-competitive applicants for the Ph.D. Program conference
- Participants will be highly-competitive applicants for top-ranked business and economics Ph.D. programs
Interested in learning more about the Pre-Ph.D. pathway?
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with additional information.