- Ph.D. Fudan University
- B.S. East China Normal University
Yuexia Zhang is an assistant professor of statistics in the Department of Management Science and Statistics at The University of Texas at San Antonio. She previously worked at the University of Toronto as a postdoctoral fellow. She received her Ph.D. degree in Statistics from Fudan University. During her Ph.D. training, she visited the Department of Statistics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for one year. Prior to Fudan, she received her bachelor’s degree in Statistics from East China Normal University.
The central theme of her research has been trying to develop new statistical methods to analyze complex data and draw valid conclusions from these. Motivated by many real-world problems, her research has focused on (1) identifying and estimating causal effects in some complicated situations; (2) model selection and post-selection inference; and (3) developing robust statistical inference methods for complex longitudinal data.
- Causal inference
- Microbiome data analysis
- Missing data
- Robust estimation
- Post-selection inference
- Longitudinal data analysis
- Measurement error
- “Weak Signal Identification and Inference in Penalized Likelihood Models for Categorical Responses,” with Peibei Shi, Zhongyi Zhu, Linbo Wang and Annie Qu, Statistics Sinica, in print, 2022.
- “Empirical Likelihood Inference for Longitudinal Data with Covariate Measurement Errors: An Application to the LEAN Study,” with Guoyou Qin, Zhongyi Zhu and Jiajia Zhang, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Vol. 175, 2022, pp. 107553.
- “Estimation of Local Treatment Effects Under the Binary Instrumental Variable Model,” with Linbo Wang, Thomas Richardson and James Robins, Biometrika, Vol. 108, No. 4, 2021, pp. 881-894.
- “A Novel Robust Approach for Analysis of Longitudinal Data,” with Guoyou Qin, Zhongyi Zhu and Wanghong Xu. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Vol. 138, 2019, pp. 83-95.
- “Robust Estimation in Linear Regression Models for Longitudinal Data with Covariate Measurement Errors and Outliers,” with Guoyou Qin, Zhongyi Zhu and Jiajia Zhang, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 168, 2018, pp. 261-275.