- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.S. Seoul National University
- B.S. Ewha Womans University
Yeonjoo Park is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Management Science and Statistics at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Prior to UTSA, she was a visiting assistant professor in the Department of Statistics at The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Her primary research interests center on modeling and analysis of functional data. She is especially interested in developing statistical methodologies and theoretic understanding for irregular functional data where functional samples are collected over varying grids or domains. She is also working on extension of functional data analysis tools to spatial data analysis. Besides methodological studies, she has an interest in interdisciplinary research.
Personal website https://sites.google.com/view/yeonjoopark/
- Functional data analysis
- Predictive modeling
- Robust inference and methodologies
- Data-adaptive dimension reduction
- “Crop yield prediction using Bayesian spatially varying coefficient models with functional predictors” (2022+) with B. Li and Y. Li. Journal of the American Statistical Association. Accepted
- “Robust inference for partially observed functional response data” (2022) with X. Chen and D.G. Simpson. Statistica Sinica, 32, pp. 2265-2293.
- “Robust Probabilistic Classification Applicable to Irregularly Sampled Functional Data” (2018) with D.G. Simpson. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol. 131, 2018, pp. 37-49.