- Ph.D. University of Texas at Austin
- M.S. Texas A&M University
- Bachelor’s Delhi College of Engineering
Vipin Agrawal joined The University of Texas at San Antonio in Fall 2015. His primary research interests are in theoretical and empirical corporate finance. At UTSA, he teaches corporate finance courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Vipin holds a Ph.D. in finance from the University of Texas (Austin), an M.S. in finance from Texas A&M University, and a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communications from Delhi College of Engineering (India). Prior to joining UTSA, he was an assistant professor at California State University (Fullerton) and a visiting professor at Texas Christian University and University of Texas (Austin).
- Corporate finance
- Capital structure
- Corporate governance
- Information asymmetry
- “Corporate Policies in a World with Information Asymmetry,” with Ramesh K.S. Rao, World Scientific Publishers, (October 2015).
- “Theoretical and Interpretation Challenges to Using the Author Affiliation Index to Rank Journals,” with Vijay K. Agrawal and M. Rungtusanatham, Production and Operations Management, 2011.
- “Bid-Ask Spreads, Informed Investors and the Firm’s Financial Condition,” with Meeta Kothare, Ramesh K. S. Rao, and Pavan Wadhwa, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2004.