- Ph.D. Arizona State University
- M.S. Arizona State University
- B.B.A. Arizona State University
Dr. Victor L. Heller is an associate professor of Management in the Carlos Alvarez College of Business. He holds B.A., M.P.A. and Ph.D. degrees from Arizona State University.
Dr. Heller’s career has blended academic and practical experiences. He has taught at Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University and the American Graduate School of International Management (Thunderbird).
His practitioner experiences include; president/CEO of a non-profit association, CFO of a not-for-profit organization, registered lobbyist, director of a state agency, university administrator, community worker on a Native American Reservation, and an assistant to a mayor, a city manager and a university president. He has traveled to and conducted business in twenty-eight countries.
His research interests are focused on business ethics, civility and conflict resolution, organizational strategy and transformation, and team building.
Dr. Heller’s publications include three ethics textbooks; Business Ethics: Philosophies, Principles, and Practices, and Ethical Dilemmas: How Do You Measure Up? His most recent book, Business Ethics for Future Leaders: An Anthology was published in August 2020.
He has received a number of teaching awards, including the IIQEST-Robert A. Beck Journalism Award for his work in international business ethics, outstanding MBA Professor for his Ethics and Globalization course, and the COB Teaching Honor Roll for his undergraduate courses.
Dr. Heller has been active in numerous local, state, national and international professional boards and organizations. His is the recipient of the Fleet Marine Combat Operations award for his service in Vietnam.
- Business Ethics
- Civility and conflict resolution
- Organizational strategy and transformation
- Team building
- “The Facilitation of Higher Order Thinking Using the Conception Focused Curriculum,” Heller, N.A., Burch, J., Burch G., Gardiner, P., Heller, V., International Journal of Business, Humanities, and Technology, February, 2018.
- “An Evaluation of MBA Programs Correlated with the Ethics Education Task Force Recommendations,” Heller, N., Heller, V., Ramirez, C., and Gall, L., World Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 5, 2012.
- “Anatomy of Crisis Management: Lessons from the Infamous Toyota Case,” Heller, V. and Darling, J., European Business Review, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2012.
- “Building an International MBA Experience Based on Cross Cultural Learning Differences,” Heller, V., Heller, N. and Freed, R., Journal on GSTF Business Review, Vol. 1, No. 4, 2012.
- “The Key to Effective Organizational Development in Times of Socioeconomic Stress: A Case Focusing on Leadership Responses to Communication Challenges,” Darling, J. R., Heller, V. L. and Wilson, B. J., European Business Review, Vol. 24. No. 3, 2012.
- “Business Ethics Education: Are Business Schools Teaching to the AACSB Ethics Education Task Force Recommendations?” Heller, N. and Heller, V., International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol.2, No. 20, 2011.
- “Toyota in Crisis; Denial and Mismanagement,” Heller, V. and J. Darling, Journal of Business Strategy, Vol. 32, No. 5, 2011.
- “The Key to Effective Stress Management: Importance of Responsive Leadership in Organizational Development,” Darling, J. and Heller, V., Organizational Development Journal Vol. 29, No.1, 2011.
- “Managing Conflict with the Chinese: The Key from an In-Depth Case Study”, Darling, J. and Heller, V., Chinese Management Studies, Vol. 5, No.1, 2011.
- “Business Ethics: Are We Teaching Undergraduate Students to AACSB International Expectation?” Heller, N., Heller, V. and Petronic, J., Advances in Business Research, Vol. 1, No.1, 2011.
- “The Management Mindset: Setting the Stage for Unethical Behavior,” Lengel, R., Larsen, G., and Heller, V., Ethical and Critical Thinking Journal, Vol.1, No.1, 2011.
- “Positioning a Firm’s Initial Market Offering: a Strategic Application of a Consumer-oriented Model,” Darling, J. and Heller, V., Emerald Press Reading List Assist, 2011.
- “Positioning a Firm’s Initial Market Offering: A Strategic Application of a Customer-Based Paradigm,” Darling, J., Heller, V., and Tablada, D., European Business Review, Vol. 21, No. 6, 2010.
- Business Ethics for Future Leaders: An Anthology, V. Heller, J. Heller and N. Heller, 1st Edition, San Diego, Calif., Cognella Publishers, 2019.
- Business Ethics: Philosophies Principles and Practices, with N.A. Heller, 1st Edition, Dubuque: Iowa, Kendall-Hunt, 2007.
- Ethical Dilemmas: How Do You Measure UP?, Heller, V., 1st Edition, Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall-Hunt, 2006. (Workbook used in undergraduate classes.)