- Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. Stephen He received his Ph.D. in marketing from the Scheller College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology. As a marketing professor and researcher, He is interested in how consumers process information and make decisions in digital marketplaces. His research examines the dynamics among word of mouth, new technology, new ways of communication and the consumer decision journey. His works have been published in the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of Consumer Psychology, the Journal of Consumer Research and featured on Science Daily.
He’s research allows marketers to better promote their brands, products and services and improves the quality of consumer decisions. His work has been sponsored by the Marketing Science Institute, the Sloan Foundation funded Research Program on the Economics of Knowledge Contribution and Distribution and the Society for Consumer Psychology.
- Consumer Decision Process
- Word of Mouth Marketing
- “Speaking for “Free”: Word of Mouth in Free- and Paid- Product Settings,” with S. Bond and W.Wen, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 56, Issue 2, 2019, pp. 276-290.
- “Why is the Crowd Divided? Attribution for Dispersion in Online Word of Mouth,” with S. Bond, Journal of Consumer Research, Vol. 41, Issue 6, 2015, pp. 1509-27.
- “Word of Mouth and the Forecasting of Consumption Enjoyment,” with S.Bond, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 23, Issue 4, 2013, pp. 464-82.