Raymond H. C. Teske III, JD
Associate Professor of Practice in Finance
Assistant Director RFD Program
- MBA The University of Texas at San Antonio (Executive MBA)
- J.D. South Texas College of Law
- B.A. Baylor University
Ray Teske is the assistant director of the UTSA Real Estate Finance and Development Program. His primary responsibility is bridging the gap between the classroom and the practical application of real estate principles by integrating the students within the San Antonio real estate community. He is a full-time, non-tenured lecturer assigned to both the the Department of Finance (teaching Real Estate Principles) and the Department of Management (teaching Real Estate Law).
Ray Teske has worked and taught at UTSA since 2004, starting with the UTSA Paralegal Certificate Program in the Center for Professional Excellence at the Carlos Alvarez College of Business in 2005. He has taught a variety of courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level, including Business Law, Business Organizations and Commercial Law, Legal Environment of Business, Legal, Social and Ethical Issues in Health Care Management, Managing Human Resources, Principles of Real Estate, Real Estate Law and Social and Ethical Issues in Business.
From 2006-2008 he was one of the principle faculty members at UTSA working in collaboration with the Ecumenical Center for Religion and Health on the San Antonio Ethics in Business Awards (http://www.ethicsinbusinesssa.org/), which is an annual research project involving Carlos Alvarez College of Business students and San Antonio professionals and organizations. The goal of this project is to show students that there are still strong ethical business practices occurring within business, and more specifically, within the San Antonio business community.
Professor Teske is the faculty advisor for two student organizations: Real Estate Entrepreneurs and Leaders and Alpha Kappa Psi.
Professor Teske is a licensed attorney in Texas and has an applied emphasis on transactional real estate law, real estate closings, title curative matters and business start-ups. He is also a licensed real estate broker in Texas as well.
Professor Teske’s research interests primarily focus on pedagogical applications of business law and real estate related issues.
- “I’m in the Band, Now What Do I Do? An Analysis and Application of Business Law Principles to the Formation and Operation of a Band,” with R. Sandoval and L. A. Bruner, Southern Journal of Business and Ethics, Vol. 3, 2011, p. 87.
- “Warning: Authorized Use of This Product As Intended Will Render It Useless and Result in Criminal and/or Civil Prosecution… Maybe,” withC. R. A. Hallam and R. Sandoval, Southern Law Journal, Vol. 21, 2011, p. 71.
- “The Gray Box: An Organizational Decision-Making Tool for Inclusive Ethics Considerations in Strategic Business Issues and Analysis,” withC. R. A. Hallam, Southern Journal of Business and Ethics, Vol. 1, 2009, p. 114.