- Ph.D. Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.A. Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.B.A. University of Washington
Dr. Myung Ko is professor of information systems in the Carlos Alvarez College of Business at The University of Texas at San Antonio. She received her Ph.D. in Business Administration with a concentration in information systems and Master of Accountancy from Virginia Commonwealth University, and her B.B.A. from the University of Washington. She holds a Certified Public Accountant. Dr. Ko’s research interests include IT impact on organizations and industry, environmental performance, impact of security breaches on performance, online banking, and word of mouth (WOM).
- Impact of IT on organizations
- Environmental performance
- Data mining
- Economics of security breaches
- Online banking
- Word of mouth
- “The Value of the CIO in the Top Management Team on Performance in the Case of Information Security Breaches,” (with H. Zafar and K.M. Osei-Bryson), Information Systems Frontiers, May 2015, pp. 1-11.
- “Securing Risk Management in Healthcare: A Case Study,” with H. Zafar and J. Clark, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 34, Article 37, 2014.
- “Customers’ Personality, Their Perceptions, and Green Concern on Internet Banking Use,” with R. Mancha, N. Beebe, and H.S. Yoon, Journal of Information Technology Management, Vol. 23, No. 4, 2013, pp. 21-32.
- “Financial Impact of Information Security Breaches on Breached Firms and their Non-Breached Competitors,” with H. Zafar and K.M. Osei-Bryson, Information Resource Management Journal, Vol. 25, Issue 1, 2012, pp. 21-37.
- “Types of Internet Strategies and Their Impact on Firm Performance: A Comparative Analysis,” with N. Roztocki, Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, Vol. 10, Issue 2, 2009, pp. 4-18.
- “Investigating the Impact of Publicly Announced Information Security Breaches on Three Performance Indicators of the Breached Firms,” with K.M. Osei-Bryson and C. Dorantes, Information Resource Management Journal, Vol. 22, Issue 2, April-June, 2009, pp. 1-21.
- “Reexamining the Impact of Information Technology Investment on Productivity Using Regression Tree and Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines (MARS),” with K.M. Osei-Bryson, Information Technology & Management, Vol. 9, Issue 4, 2008, pp. 285-299.
- “Revisiting the Impact of Information Technology Investments on Productivity: An Empirical Investigation Using Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines (MARS),” with J. Clark and D. Ko, Information Resource Management Journal, Vol. 21, Issue 3, 2008, pp. 1-23.
- “Using Regression Splines to Assess the Impact of Information Technology Investments on Productivity in the Healthcare Industry,” with K.M. Osei-Bryson, Information Systems Journal, Vol. 14, Issue 1, 2004, pp. 43-63.
- “Exploring the Relationship between Information Technology Investments and Firm Performance Using Regression Splines Analysis,” with K.M. Osei-Bryson, Information and Management, Vol. 42, 2004, pp. 1-13.