- Ph.D. Clemson University
- M.S. Clemson University
- B.A. Concordia University
Min Wang is a Full Professor in the Department of Management Science and Statistics at The University of Texas at San Antonio. He previously worked at Michigan Technological University and Texas Tech University. His main research spans the areas of Bayesian inference and methods, high-dimensional inference, prior elicitation, quantile regression, and statistical modeling, all in both methodological and theoretical perspectives.
His work has been appeared or accepted in top-ranked journals, such as Bayesian Analysis, Bernoulli, Computers & Industrial Engineering, IISE Transactions, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Naval Research Logistics, The American Statistician, and others. He has also conducted interdisciplinary research with various scholars from biomedical engineering, civil engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, and other sciences. His collaborative work has been published in prestigious journals, such as Acta Neurochirurgica, Environment, Development and Sustainability, Endocrine, Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Medical physics, and others. To view his up-to-date publications, please visit his Google Scholar profile.
- Bayesian Inference and Methods
- High Dimensional Inference
- Prior Elicitation
- Statistical Modeling
- Statistical Applications
- Variable Selection
- “Robust explicit estimators using the power-weighted repeated medians”, with C. Park and L. Ouyang, Journal of Applied Statistics, in print, 2023.
- “A hierarchical Bayesian approach for finite mixture of mode regression model using skew-normal distribution”, with X. Zeng, Y. Ju and L. Wu, Communications in Mathematics and Statistics, in print, 2023.
- “On efficient posterior inference in normalized power prior Bayesian analysis,” with Z. Han, Q. Zhang, K. Ye and M. Chen, Biomedical Journal, Vol. 65, No. 5, 2023, 2200194.
- “A study on the power parameter in power prior Bayesian analysis,” with Z. Han and K. Ye, The American Statistician, Vol 77, 2023, pp. 12-19.
- “A study on the performance of the probability-limit control charts based on the geometric and negative binomial distributions”, with C. Park and L. Ouyang, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 180, 2023, 109275.
- “A simple consistent Bayes factor for testing the Kendall rank correlation coefficient”, with S. Zhang and K. Ye, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, Vol. 93, No. 6, 2023, pp. 888-903.