Jeff Boone, Ph.D.
Professor of Accounting
- Ph.D. University of North Texas
- M.S. Texas A&M University
- BBA Texas A&M University
Jeff Boone is a professor of accounting at The University of Texas at San Antonio. He joined UTSA in 2005 and previously was on faculty at Louisiana State University and Mississippi State University. He teaches graduate-level courses in financial accounting.
Boone was a recipient of the Carlos Alvarez College of Business 1969 Commemorative Award for Overall Faculty Excellence in 2011. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi.
- Economics of financial reporting and audit services
- Development of accounting thought
- “Spatial Competition in Local Audit Markets and the Fall-out on Deloitte from the 2007 PCAOB Censure,” (with K. K. Raman and I. Khurana), Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol. 36, No. 2, May 2017, pp. 1-20.
- “The Impact of Say-on-pay on Executive Compensation,” (with S. Balsam, H. Liu and J. Yin), Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Vol. 35, No. 2, 2016, pp. 162-191.
- “Did the 2007 PCAOB Disciplinary Order Against Deloitte Impose Actual Costs on the Firm or Improve Its Audit Quality?” (with I. Khurana and K. Raman), The Accounting Review, Vol. 90, No. 2, 2015, pp. 405-441.
- “Religiosity and Tax Avoidance,” with KK Raman and Inder Khurana, The Journal of the American Taxation Association, Vol. 35, 2013, pp. 53-84.