- Ph.D. University of Utah
- M.B.A. Saginaw Valley State University
- B.A. University of Economics, Varna, Bulgaria
Ivalina Kalcheva earned a Ph.D. in finance from University of Utah. She is currently teaching finance courses in the MBA program and in the Master of Science in Finance program. Previously, Kalcheva taught at the University of Arizona and University of California, Riverside.
Kalcheva has published in journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Financial Studies, the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Banking and Finance, the Journal of Financial Markets, Finance Management, Research Policy and the Journal of Corporate Finance
- “Shorting Activity and Stock Return Predictability: Evidence From a Mandatory Disclosure Shock,” with Paul A. Giffin, Hyun A. Hong, and Jeong-Bon Kim, Financial Management, v.51, 2022, pp. 27-71.
- “Economic Policy Uncertainty and Self-Control: Evidence from Unhealthy Choices,” with Ping McLemore and Richard Sias, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, v.56, 2021, pp.1446-1475.
- “Institutional Investment and the Changing Role of Public Equity Markets: International Evidence,” with Janet Kiholm Smith and Richard L. Smith, Journal of Corporate Finance, v.64, 2020, 101705.
- “(Un)intended Consequences? The Impact of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Shareholder Wealth,” with James Plečnik, Hai Tran, and Jason Turkiela, Journal of Banking and Finance, v.118, 2020, 105860.
- “Innovation: The Interplay Between Demand-Side Shock and Supply-Side Environment,” with Ping McLemore and Shagun Pant, Research Policy, Vol. 47, 2018, pp. 440-461.
- “Financial Markets and Genetic Variation,” with Eric Cardella and Danjue Shang, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Vol. 52, 2018, pp. 64-89.
- Short Sales and the Weekend Effect — Evidence from a Natural Experiment,” with Pengjie Gao, Jia Hao, and Tongshu Ma, Journal of Financial Markets, Vol. 26, 2015, pp. 85-102.
- “Computerization of the Equity, Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, and Fixed Income Markets,” with Laura Cardella, Jia Hao, and Yung-Yu Ma, The Financial Review, Vol. 49, 2014, pp. 231-243.
- “Noisy Prices and Inference Regarding Returns,” with Elena Asparouhova and Hendrik Bessembinder, The Journal of Finance, Vol. 68, 2013, pp. 665-714.
- “Liquidity Biases in Asset Pricing Tests,” with Elena Asparouhova and Hendrik Bessembinder, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 96, 2010, pp. 215-237.
- “International Evidence on Cash Holdings and Expected Managerial Agency Problems,” with Karl Lins, The Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 20, 2007, pp. 1087-1112.