Hongyi Zhu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in Information Systems and Cyber Security
- Ph.D. University of Arizona
- BBM Tsinghua University
Google Scholar Page
Dr. Hongyi Zhu is an assistant professor in the Department of Information Systems and Cyber Security at The University of Texas at San Antonio. He received his Ph.D. in management information systems from the University of Arizona and his bachelor of management (BBM) degree from Tsinghua University in China.
Dr. Zhu’s research expertise is in mobile health analytics, deep learning, network analysis and data/text mining. He has multidisciplinary research interests and has published in various prestigious journals and conferences, including Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems (TMIS), IEEE Intelligent Systems, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI) and Journal of Nanoparticle Research (JNR).
- Mobile health analytics, smart home, Internet of Things
- Machine learning (deep learning)
- Data/text mining
- Business analytics
- “Human Identification for Activities of Daily Living: A Deep Transfer Learning Approach,” (with S. Samtani, H. Chen and J. F. Nunamaker), Journal of Information Systems, forthcoming.
- “Comparing Nanotechnology Landscapes in US and China: A Patent Analysis Perspective,” (with L. Wu, H. Chen and M. Roco), Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 21, No. 8, 2019, p. 180.
- “Fear Appeals and Information Security Behaviors: An Empirical Study on Mechanical Turk,” (with S. Samtani and S. Yu), AIS Transactions on Replication Research, Vol. 5, No. 5, 2019, pp. 1-22.
- “Emoticon Analysis for Chinese Social Media and E-commerce: The AZEmo System,” (with S. Yu, S. Jiang, Y. Zhang, C. Xing and H. Chen), ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, Vol. 9, No. 4, 2019, p. 16.
- “A Sequence-to-Sequence Model-Based Deep Learning Approach for Recognizing Activity of Daily Living for Senior Care,” (with H. Chen and R. Brown), Journal of Biomedical Informatics, Vol. 84, 2018, pp. 148-158.
- “Identifying Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Devices and their Vulnerabilities on the Internet of Things (IoT): A Text Mining Approach,” (with S. Samtani, S. Yu, M. Patton and H. Chen), IEEE Intelligent Systems, Vol. 33, 2018, pp. 63-73.
- “International Perspective on Nanotechnology Papers, Patents, and NSF Awards (2000–2016),” (with S. Jiang, H. Chen and M. C. Roco), Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 19, No. 11, 2017, p. 370.