- Ph.D. University of South Carolina
- M.S. University of South Carolina
- B. Eng University of Mumbai, India
Dr. Deepa Wani is an assistant professor in the Department of Management Science and Statistics at The University of Texas at San Antonio. She joined the UTSA faculty in August 2016. She holds doctoral and master’s degrees in management science and statistics respectively from the University of South Carolina at Columbia and has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Mumbai, India. Prior to returning to academia, she worked in areas of strategic sourcing and business planning.
She is the winner of the prestigious Elwood Buffa Dissertation Award. She won the award at the Decision Sciences 2017 Conference for her dissertation titled “Investigating the Role of Internal Hospital Factors and the External Environment on Healthcare Quality Outcomes and Patient Choice.”
Her research interests include healthcare operations, supply chain management and sustainabilty. Specifically, she is interested in studying factors that enable more efficient and effective care in healthcare. She is also interested in various factors that impact global supply chains, outsourcing and sustainability actions of companies.
- Healthcare operations
- Supply chain management
- “Impact of Competition on Process of Care and Resource Investments,” with M. Malhotra and S. Venkataraman, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 57, No. 1, 2018, pp. 23-35.
- “Does the Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records Improve Patient Outcomes?” with M. Malhotra, Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 60, No. 3, 2018, pp. 1-18.
- “Emerging Market Penetration and Emissions Performance,” with Y. Dong, M. Malhotra and K. Xu, Decision Sciences Journal, forthcoming.