- Ph.D. University of Southern California
- MBA Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- M.A. Stella Maris College
- B.A. Stella Maris College
Dr. Deepa Chandrasekaran joined the UTSA College of Business in 2014. She is an associate professor of marketing in the Department of Marketing.
Deepa Chandrasekaran is an expert in the areas of new product diffusion, innovation management and international marketing strategy. Her research articles have been published in top marketing journals such as Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science and the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
Deepa Chandrasekaran has won several research awards including the American Marketing Association Global Marketing SIG’s 2010 Excellence in Global Marketing Research Award, the competitive Christian and Mary Lindback Foundation’s Minority Junior Faculty award, the Best Paper award at the PDMA (Product Development and Management Association) Research Forum, the UTSA College of Business Dean’s Faculty Research Excellence Award for Tenure-Track Faculty and the UTSA College of Business Dean’s Faculty Teaching Excellence Award for Tenure-Track Faculty. Her work was also a finalist for the Marketing Science Institute/H. Paul Root Award.
She has presented her work at major international conferences including the Marketing Science Conference, Winter Marketing Educator’s Conference, Summer Marketing Educator’s Conference, PDMA research forum and the Marketing Dynamics conference. Her teaching interests include Principles of Marketing, Global Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Market Research, Marketing Strategy and Product Management.
- Modeling growth in new product adoption
- Assessment of consumer innovativeness
- New product development
- Marketing strategy
- Emerging markets
- “Design Crowdsourcing: The Impact on New Product Performance of Sourcing Design Solutions from the “Crowd,” with B.J. Allen and Suman Basuroy, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 82, No. 2, 2018, 106-123.
- “Effects of Offline Ad Content on Online Brand Search: Insights from Super Bowl Advertising,” with R. Srinivasan and D. Sihi, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 46, No. 3, 2018, 403-430.
- “Open Innovation, Product Portfolio Innovativeness and Firm Performance: The Dual Role of New Product Development Capabilities,” with G. Rubera and A. Ordanini, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 44, Issue 2, March 2016, pp. 166-184.
- “Pricing and International Takeoff of New Products,” with J. Arts, G. J. Tellis and R. Frambach, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 30, No. 3, 2013, pp. 249-264.
- “Getting a Grip on the Saddle: Cycles or Chasms?” with G. J. Tellis, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 75, No. 4, 2011, pp. 21-34.
- “Extent and Impact of Response Biases in Cross-National Survey Research,” with G. J. Tellis, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2010, pp. 329-341.
- “Global Takeoff of New Products: Culture, Wealth or Vanishing Differences,” with G. J. Tellis, Marketing Science, Vol. 27, No. 5, 2008, pp. 844-860.
- “A Critical Review of Marketing Research on Diffusion of New Products,” with G. J. Tellis, Review of Marketing Research, Vol. 3, 2007, pp. 39-80.