- Ph.D. University of Southern California
- MBA Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- M.A. Stella Maris College
- B.A. Stella Maris College
Dr. Deepa Chandrasekaran joined the UTSA College of Business in 2014 as assistant professor of marketing in the Department of Marketing.
Deepa Chandrasekaran is an expert in the areas of new product diffusion, innovation management and international marketing strategy. Her research articles have been published in top marketing journals such as Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science and the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
Deepa Chandrasekaran has won several research awards including the American Marketing Association Global Marketing SIG’s 2010 Excellence in Global Marketing Research Award, the competitive Christian and Mary Lindback Foundation’s Minority Junior Faculty award, and the Best Paper award at the PDMA (Product Development and Management Association) Research Forum.
She has presented her work at major international conferences including the Marketing Science Conference, Winter Marketing Educator’s Conference, Summer Marketing Educator’s Conference, PDMA research forum and the Marketing Dynamics conference. Her teaching interests include Principles of Marketing, Global Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Market Research, Marketing Strategy and Product Management.
- Diffusion of new products
- Emerging markets
- Marketing strategy
- “Open Innovation, Product Portfolio Innovativeness and Firm Performance: The Dual Role of New Product Development Capabilities,” with G. Rubera and A. Ordanini, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 44, Issue 2, March 2016, pp. 166-184.
- “Pricing and International Takeoff of New Products,” with J. Arts, G. J. Tellis and R. Frambach, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 30, No. 3, 2013, pp. 249-264.
- “Getting a Grip on the Saddle: Cycles or Chasms?” with G. J. Tellis, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 75, No. 4, 2011, pp. 21-34.
- “Extent and Impact of Response Biases in Cross-National Survey Research,” with G. J. Tellis, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2010, pp. 329-341.
- “Global Takeoff of New Products: Culture, Wealth or Vanishing Differences,” with G. J. Tellis, Marketing Science, Vol. 27, No. 5, 2008, pp. 844-860.
- “A Critical Review of Marketing Research on Diffusion of New Products,” with G. J. Tellis, Review of Marketing Research, Vol. 3, 2007, pp. 39-80.