- D.B.A. University of Kentucky
- MBA James Madison University
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University
David Bojanic holds a Doctorate in Business Administration (D.B.A.) in marketing from the University of Kentucky, an MBA from James Madison University, and a B.S. in marketing from Pennsylvania State University. Professor Bojanic was previously a faculty member at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
His teaching and research areas of interest focus on services marketing primarily in tourism, sports and hospitality. However, he has also worked in financial services and has done projects and consulting work for organizations like tourism bureaus, convention and visitors bureaus, hotels, restaurants, retail management companies, professional and amateur sports organizations, financial institutions and nonprofit organizations. He teaches courses in destination marketing, sport management, sport media relations, resort management and event management. In addition, Professor Bojanic has delivered seminars and classes in other countries including Greece, Singapore, Switzerland and the Russian Federation.
Professor Bojanic serves on the editorial review boards for the Journal of Travel Research, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Tourism, Culture & Communication and Tourism Focus.
- Sustainable tourism
- Market segmentation
- Economic impact analysis
- Service quality and customer satisfaction
- “A Comparison of Economic Impact Measurement Techniques for a Tourism Special Event,” with R. Warnick and E. Cartier, Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 56, Issue 5, May 2017, pp. 578-592.
- “A Comparison of the Moderating Effect of Tourism Reliance on the Economic Development for Islands and Other Countries,” (with Melody Lo), Tourism Management, Vol. 53, 2016, pp. 207-214.
- “Using a Trade Market Analysis Technique to Refine Measurements for Economic Impact Analysis of Special Events,” with R. Warnick and F. Xu, Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 54, No. 1, 2015, pp. 52-65.
- “The Role of Purchase Decision Involvement in a Special Event,” with R. Warnick, Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 51, No. 3, 2012, pp. 357-366.
- “Using a Tourism Importance-Performance Typology to Investigate Environmental Sustainability on a Global Level,” Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Vol. 19, No. 8, 2011, pp.989-1003.
- “The Impact of Age and Family Life Experiences on Mexican Visitor Shopping Expenditures,” Tourism Management, Vol. 32, No. 2, 2011, pp. 406-414.
- “Segmenting Event Attendees Based on Travel Distance, Frequency of Attendance and Involvement Measures: A Cluster Segmentation Technique,” with R. Warnick, A. Mathur and D. Ninan, Event Management, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2011, pp. 97-103.
- Hospitality Marketing Management, with R. Reid, 5th edition, New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2009.
- Hospitality Sales: Selling Smarter, with J. Siguaw, New York: Delmar/Thomson Learning, 2004.