- Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- B.A. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Dr. Sass is the director of the Statistical Consulting Center and associate professor in the Department of Management Science and Statistics. Prior to joining the College of Business in 2013, he was an assistant professor in the College of Education and Human Development since 2007. In addition to his methodological/statistical research, he is also dedicated to applied collaborative research projects.
- Structural equation modeling
- Factor analysis
- Sampling and research design
- Invariance testing
- Mediation and moderation
- “An Evaluation of the Behavior and Instructional Management Scale’s Psychometric Properties Using Portuguese Teachers,” (with J. Lopes, C. Oliveira and N.K. Martin), Teaching and Teacher Education: An International Journal of Research and Studies, Vol. 55, 2016, pp. 279–290.
- “Consequences of Educator Stress on Turnover: The Case of Charter Schools,” (with S. Cano, B.B. Fores and L. Claeys), in Educator Stress: An Occupational Health Perspective, New York: Springer, 2016
- “Evaluating Model Fit with Ordered Categorical Data Within a Measurement Invariance Framework: A Comparison of Estimators,” with T.A. Schmitt and H.W. Marsh, Structural Equation Modeling, Vol. 21, 2014, pp. 167-180.
- “The Search for Causal Inferences: Using Propensity Scores Post Hoc to Reduce Estimation Error with Nonexperimental Research,” with S.E. Tumlinson and S.M. Cano, Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Vol. 39, 2014, pp. 246-257.
- “Rotation Criteria and Hypothesis Testing for Exploratory Factor Analysis: Implications for Factor Pattern Loadings and Interfactor Correlations,” with T.A. Schmitt, Educational and Psychological Measurement, Vol. 71, 2011, pp. 95-113.
- “Factor Loading Estimation Error and Stability Using Exploratory Factor Analysis,” Educational and Psychological Measurement, Vol. 70, 2010, pp. 557-577.
- “A Comparative Investigation of Rotation Methods Within Exploratory Factor Analysis,” with T.A. Schmitt, Multivariate Behavioral Research, Vol. 45, 2010, pp. 73-103.
- “Comparing the Squared Multiple Correlation Coefficients of Non-nested Models: An Examination of Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis Testing,” with R. Azen, British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Vol. 61, 2008, pp. 163-178.
- “Estimating Non-normal Latent Trait Distributions Within Item Response Theory Using True and Estimated Item Parameters,” with T.A. Schmitt and C.M. Walker, Applied Measurement in Education, Vol. 21, 2008, pp. 65-88.
- “The Effects of Parceling Unidimensional Scales on Structural Parameter Estimates in Structural Equation Modeling,” with P.L. Smith, Structural Equation Modeling, Vol. 13, 2006, pp. 566-586.