Bulent Temel, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Practice in Economics
- Harvard University, London School of Economics
Bülent Temel, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of practice in economics at the University of Texas at San Antonio Alvarez College of Business. He has taught around 140 classes and delivered lectures in nine American and European universities, and published around 60 publications to date. Dr. Temel is the recipient of a Life-Changing Educator Award in 2018 and a Best Financial Advisor in Southern California Award in 2008. He had ten years of experience as a financier in corporate America prior to academia.
- Pluralistic economics
- Public choice theory
- Community economic development
- The Great Catalyst: European Union Project and Lessons from Greece and Turkey. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, 2013. ISBN 9780739174487.
- “Co-operative Organizations and Institutional Stability: Evidence from the Canadian Financial Sector.” Review of International Co-operation, 2013, pp. 48-66.
- “Divided We Stand: A Game Theoretic Analysis of the Semi-Centennial Cyprus Dispute.” Journal of Cyprus Studies, Vol. 17, No. 40, 2012, pp. 1-14.1.