- Ph.D. University of Alabama
- M.S. Auburn University
- MBA Kathmandu University, Nepal
Dr. Binay Adhikari earned an MBA from Kathmandu University, Nepal, an M.S. in finance from Auburn University and a Ph.D. in finance from the University of Alabama. He has previously taught at the University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, Miami University of Ohio, University of Alabama and Kathmandu University. He also worked briefly as a cash supervisor at Standard Chartered Bank in Kathmandu, Nepal.
He has published in the Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and Journal of Corporate Finance. His research has been presented at the Financial Intermediation Research Society (FIRS), European Finance Association (EFA), Midwest Finance Association (MFA), China International Conference in Finance (CICF) and Financial Management Association (FMA) among others.
- Corporate finance
- Financial markets
- “Unintended Consequences of the Dodd-Frank Act on Credit Rating Risk and Corporate Finance,” with B. Sharma, A. Agrawal, B. Arthur and M. Rabarison, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- “Shareholder Litigation Rights and Stock Price Crash Risk,” with I. Obaydin, R. Zurbruegg, Md N. Hossain and A. Elnahas, 2021, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 66: 101826.
- “Does Local Capital Supply Matter for Public Firms’ Capital Structures?” with David Cicero and Johan Sulaeman, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
- “Do Women Managers Keep Firms Out of Trouble? Evidence from Corporate Litigation and Policies,” with Anup Agrawal and James Malm, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 67, 2019, pp. 202-225.
- “Peer Influence on Payout Policies,” with Anup Agrawal, Journal of Corporate Finance , Vol. 48, 2018, pp. 615-637.
- “Causal Effect of Analyst Following on Corporate Social Responsibility,” Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 41, 2016, pp. 201-216.
- “Does Local Religiosity Matter for Bank Risk-Taking?”with Anup Agrawal, Journal of Corporate Finance , Vol. 38, 2016, pp. 272-293.
- “Religion, Gambling Attitudes and Corporate Innovation,” with Anup Agrawal, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 37, 2016, pp. 229-248.