- Ph.D. SUNY-Binghamton
- M.M.S Mumbai University
- B.E. Mumbai University
Dr. Ashwin Malshe is an assistant professor of marketing in the Department of Marketing at The University of Texas at San Antonio. He joined the UTSA faculty in 2016 after serving as an assistant professor at ESSEC Business School, Paris-Singapore for 5 years. He has been a visiting professor at Mannheim Business School in Germany since 2013. His Ph.D. is from SUNY-Binghamton in marketing with a minor in econometrics, and his undergraduate and master’s degrees are from Mumbai University, India.
Dr. Malshe has research interests in social media marketing, marketing-finance interface and consumer behavior. In particular his research focuses on measuring the impact of marketing strategy in the financial markets. Dr. Malshe has teaching interests in social media marketing, marketing analytics and data visualization. He is a core faculty member for the M.S. in Data Analytics program at the College of Business.
Dr. Malshe has published in the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Psychology and Journal of Business Research among others. He is an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Psychology, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Business Research and Financial Review. He writes a WordPress blog titled Micro-Positioning through which he shares his social media analysis.
- Social media marketing
- Marketing-finance interface
- Consumer behavior
- “How Main Street Drives Wall Street: Customer (Dis)Satisfaction, Short Sellers, and Abnormal Returns,” with Anatoli Colicev and Vikas Mittal, Journal of Marketing Research, forthcoming. (UTSA Elite, ABS Tier 4*)
- “Rejoinder to ‘Endogeneity Bias in Marketing Research: Problem, Causes and Remedies’,” with Richard Gretz, Marketing Management, Vol. 77, 2019, pp. 57-62. (ABS Tier 3)
- “Transcription Errors of Blood Glucose Values and Insulin Errors in an Intensive Care Unit: Toward Electronic Medical Record – Glucometer Interoperability,” with Azizeh Khaled Sowan, Ana Vera and Charles Reed, JMIR Medical Informatics, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2019.
- “The Impact of Superstar and Non-Superstar Software on Hardware Sales: The Moderating Role of Hardware Lifecycle,” with Richard Gretz, Carlos Bauer and Suman Basuroy, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 47, No. 3, 2019, pp. 394-416. (ABS Tier 4*)
- “Improving Consumer Mind-Set Metrics and Shareholder Value through Social Media: The Different Roles of Owned and Earned” with Anatoli Colicev, Koen Pauwels, and Peter O’Connor, Journal of Marketing, forthcoming.
- “From Finance to Marketing: The Impact of Financial Leverage on Customer Satisfaction,” with Manoj K. Agarwal, Journal of Marketing, Vol. 79, No. 5, 2015, pp. 21-38.
- “The Role of Regulatory Fit on the Attraction Effect,” with Subimal Chatterjee and Rajat Roy, Journal of Consumer Psychology, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2011, pp. 473-481.
- “The Effect of Mixed Versus Blocked Sequencing of Promotion and Prevention Features on Brand Evaluation: The Moderating Role of Regulatory Focus,” with Subimal Chatterjee and Timothy Heath, Journal of Business Research, Vol. 63, No. 12, 2010, pp. 1290-1294.