- Ph.D. Purdue University
- B.S. Purdue University
Dr. Arkajyoti Roy is an assistant professor in the Management Science and Statistics Department at UTSA. Previous to UTSA, Dr. Roy was a faculty member in the Department of Applied Statistics and Operations Research at Bowling Green State University. In addition to his doctoral work at Purdue, he conducted research as a visiting pre-doctoral fellow in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences at Northwestern University.
His research focus is on the use of robust optimization and data analytics to improve end-user outcomes in healthcare (patients), marketing (customers) and inequity (marginalized communities) research. For patients and providers, he develops robust models for cancer radiotherapy, data-driven tools for treatment evaluation and quality control, as well as scheduling models for diagnostics and operations. For customers and firms, he develops robust models to better manage customer relationships. For marginalized communities, he seeks to inform decision-makers on improving services using data analytics.
Dr. Roy has won various teaching and research awards including the 2020 College of Business Award for Teaching Excellence at UTSA and the 2018 Best Paper Award in the IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering journal managed by the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. In addition to his teaching and research endeavors, Dr. Roy is an active member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) and the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM).
- Robust optimization
- Data analytics
- “Gender and Engineering Identity Among Upper-Division Undergraduate Students,” with Leigh Hamlet, Giovanna Scalone, Regina Lee, Cristina Poleacovschi and Jessica Kaminsky, Journal of Management in Engineering, 2020, forthcoming.
- “Estimating Customer Churn Under Competing Risks,” with Pallav Routh and Jeff Meyer, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2020, forthcoming.
- “The Identity of Engineering Expertise: Implicitly Biased and Sustaining the Gender Gap,” with Cristina Poleacovschi, Kasey Faust and Scott Feinstein, Journal of Civil Engineering Education, 2020, forthcoming.
- “A Risk-Adjusted Control Chart to Evaluate Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Plan Quality,” with Dan Cutright, Mahesh Gopalakrishnan, Arthur Yeh and Bharat Mittal, Advances in Radiation Oncology, Vol. 5, No. 5, 2020, pp. 1032-1041.
- “DVH Analytics: A DVH Database for Clinicians and Researchers,” with Dan Cutright, Mahesh Gopalakrishnan, Aditya Panchal and Bharat Mittal, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, Vol. 19, 2018, pp. 413-427.
- “Robust Optimization with Time-Dependent Uncertainty in Radiation Therapy,” with Omid Nohadani, IISE Transactions on Healthcare Systems Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2017, pp. 81-92. Best Paper Award.
- “On Correlations in IMRT Planning Aims,” with Indra Das and Omid Nohadani, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, Vol. 17, No. 6, 2016, pp. 44-59.