- Ph.D. Oakland University, Michigan
- M.Stat. (M.S.) Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India
- B.Sc. (B.S.) Calcutta University (Presidency College), India
Anuradha Roy holds a Ph.D. in applied statistics from Oakland University, Michigan, an M.Stat. (M.S.) in advanced probability and mathematical statistics from the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India, and a B.Sc. (B.S.) in mathematics (with first class honors) from Calcutta University (Presidency College), India.
Professor Roy’s research interests include developing classification rules for multi-level multivariate data with structured mean vectors and structured covariance matrices and the related hypotheses testings. She also works on linear models for multi-level multivariate data. As an applied statistician she has a passion to work with applied problems. Areas of application include medical and biomedical sciences, and engineering applications. She has been a visiting professor at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden and at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Caparica, Portugual.
Professor Roy’s research has appeared in numerous journals including Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Statistics in Medicine, Biometrical Journal, Bone and Journal of Clinical Oncology, as well as a book chapter. She has reviewed three scholarly books, including the recent 2011 Negative Binomial Regression, 2nd edition (Cambridge University Press, UK) by Joseph M. Hilbe.
- Multivariate analysis
- Multivariate repeated measures data
- Mixed effects models
- Symbolic data analysis
- Kronecker structured covariance matrix
- “Testing a Block Exchangeable Covariance Matrix,” with K. Filipiak and D. Klein, Statistics: A Journal of Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Vol. 52, No. 2, 2018, pp. 393-408.
- “Commonality in Microarchitecture of Human Trabecular Bones: A Preliminary Study,” with F. Zhao, M. Kirby, Y. Hu, X. E. Guo and X. Wang, Bone, Vol. 111, 2018, pp. 59-70.
- “Testing of Multivariate Repeated Measures Data with Block Exchangeable Covariance Structure,” with I. Zezula and D. Klein, TEST, Vol. 27, No. 2, 2018, pp. 360-378.
- “Testing the Hypothesis of a Block Compound Symmetric Covariance Matrix for Elliptically Contoured Distributions,” with C. A. Coelho, TEST, Vol. 26, No. 2, 2017, pp. 308-330.
- “A Comparison of Likelihood Ratio Tests and Rao’s Score Test for Three Separable Covariance Matrix Structures,” with K. Filipiak and D. Klein, Biometrical Journal, Vol. 59, No. 1, 2017, pp. 192-215.
- “Score Test for a Separable Covariance Structure with the First Component as Compound Symmetric Correlation Matrix,” with K. Filipiak and D. Klein, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 150, 2016, pp. 105-124.
- “Optimal Estimation for Doubly Multivariate Data in Blocked Compound Symmetric Covariance Structure,” with R. Zmyslony, M. Fonseca and R. Leiva, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 144, 2016, pp. 81-90.
- “Testing of Equality of Mean Vectors for Paired Doubly Multivariate Observations in Blocked Compound Symmetric Covariance Matrix Setup,” with R. Leiva, I. Zezula and D. Klein, Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 137, 2015, pp. 50-60.
- “An Extension of the Birnbaum-Saunders Distribution as a Model for Fatigue Failure Due to Multiple Cracks,” Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2015, pp. 88-121.
- “Equivalency Between Vertices and Centers-coupled-with-radii Principal Component Analyses for Interval Data,” (with C. Hao and Y. Liang), Statistics & Probability Letters, Vol. 106, 2015, pp. 113-120.
- “Linear Discrimination for Three-level Multivariate Data with Separable Additive Mean Vector and Doubly Exchangeable Covariance Structure,” with R. Leiva, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol. 41, No. 13, 2012, pp. 2545- 2569.
- “Linear Discrimination for Multi-level Multivariate Data with Separable Means and Jointly Equicorrelated Covariance Structure,” with R. Leiva, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 141, No. 5, 2011, pp. 1910- 1924.
- “Classification Rules for Triply Multivariate Data with an AR(1) Correlation Structure on the Repeated Measures over Time,” with R. Leiva, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 139, No. 8, 2009, pp. 2598-2613.
- “Discrimination with Jointly Equicorrelated Multi-level Multivariate Data,” with R. Leiva, Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Vol. 1, No. 3, 2007, pp. 175-199.
- “Age-Related Effect of Bone Remodeling on the Concentration of Collagen Cross-Links in Human Cortical Bone,” with J. S. Nyman, R. L. Acuna, H. J. Gayle, M. J. Reyes, J. H. Tyler, D. D. Dean and X. Wang, Bone, Vol. 39, No. 6, 2006, pp. 1210-1217.
- “A New Classification Rule for Incomplete Doubly Multivariate Data using Mixed Effects Model with Performance Comparisons on the Imputed Data,” Statistics in Medicine, Vol. 25, No. 10, 2006, pp. 1715-1728.
- “Estimating Correlation Coefficient Between Two Variables with Repeated Observations using Mixed Effects Model,” Biometrical Journal, Vol. 48, No. 2, 2006, pp. 286-301.
- “On Implementation of a Test for Kronecker Product Covariance Structure for Multivariate Repeated Measures Data,” with R. Khattree, Statistical Methodology, Vol. 2, No. 4, 2005, pp. 297-306, 2005. Click here to get programs I used in this paper.
- “On Discrimination and Classification with Multivariate Repeated Measures Data,” with R. Khattree, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 134, No. 2, 2005, pp. 462-485.
- “A Retrospective Evaluation of Digital Wound Imaging to Predict Response to Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment,” with J. Kalns, C. Loeffler and J. K. Wright, Ostomy/Wound Management, Vol. 50, No. 4, 2004, pp. 36-48.
- “A Tree-Based Model for Breast Cancer Prognostication,” with M. Banerjee, J. George, E. Y. Song and W. Hryniuk, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol. 22, No. 13, 2004, pp. 2567-2575.