Executive MBA (EMBA) Application Process
Our program requires applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Have approximately eight-10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Consideration is given to less experienced applicants who demonstrate exceptional accomplishments.
- Health professionals should include residency, fellowships or postdoctoral experience as part of their professional experience.
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Meet UTSA’s University-Wide Admission Requirements
For questions about the program or more information, please contact Melissa Lackey, Director of Marketing and Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 210.458.3622.
For consideration in either the General Management or Health Professionals track, please follow the steps below.
Steps to complete the EMBA Application
1. Complete our online application
The application link opens UTSA’s The Graduate School website. Please select “Executive Master of Business Admin (EMBA)” as your program. During the application process, we recommend you connect with Melissa Lackey by email or phone (210.458.3622) for guidance through the application process, and to answer any questions you may have.
2. Pay your application fee
- $50 domestic applicants
- $90 international applicants
3. Upload your resume and letter of self-nomination
The EMBA Admissions Committee is looking for intelligent and accomplished individuals who will benefit from participation in the program, and who can contribute to the learning experience of the class.
- Your professional resume should include work experience, responsibilities, accomplishments, community service and other leadership activities.
- Your letter of self-nomination should use a business letter format and answer the following questions:
- What do you expect to accomplish through the EMBA program?
- What learning experiences do you anticipate?
- How do you plan to apply this to your career?
- What unique experiences do you bring to the program?
- How will you contribute to the learning experiences of your classmates?
4. Submit two letters of recommendation
Identify two individuals who can attest to your professional capacities to provide a professional recommendation. After you enter the email addresses for your selected individuals and save your online application form, a message with a link to the online recommendation form will be sent automatically. This form will connect directly to your application.
5. Submit college transcripts
The Graduate School at UTSA requires official transcripts from every institution an applicant has attended. Transcripts must be received in a completely sealed envelope to be considered official. Institutions may submit official transcripts electronically by emailing them to email@example.com or mail official transcripts to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: The Graduate School
One UTSA Circle San Antonio, TX 78249
If your transcripts are from outside of the United States, you must have them evaluated through an approved foreign credentialing agency. If your documents are not in English, in addition to the credential evaluation, you must also present the original language documents of both your diploma/degree certificates and your transcripts, as well as provide certified translations of all documents as part of your application package.
The GMAT is not required for admission into the EMBA program.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (hold a Green Card), the TOEFL is not required, but your foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Foreign Credentials Service. We recommend Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA), but you can submit a credential evaluation from an approved evaluator.
Starting March 16, 2019 all international applicants must utilize an approved foreign credentialing agency for evaluations as part of the admission requirements. If you are in the U.S. on a visa, you are considered an International Student. You must take the TOEFL if your degree is from a non-English speaking country. If you have not taken the TOEFL/IELTS or if your score is more than two years old, you will need to take the exam and submit the official score prior to your application’s review at the department for the program.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), INSTITUTIONAL CODE 6919
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System), no institutional code
Consult the following chart for a list of the minimal acceptable score for TOEFL/IELTS admission requirements:
|English Language Assessment Program (ELAP) Exempt||100||600||7|
|Graduate Admission Qualification*||79||550||6.5|
*The minimum score required on the TOEFL or IELTS. Individual degree programs may have higher TOEFL or IELTS requirements for their various programs. Information about the TOEFL can be found online.