Executive MBA (EMBA) Admission Requirements
Applications for the EMBA program are processed as they are received and offers of acceptance are made on a rolling basis; therefore we strongly encourage applicants to apply as early as possible during the application period. This rolling admissions process allows qualified individuals to be admitted on a continual basis until capacity is reached.
The EMBA admission requirements are listed below to help you determine your eligibility for the Executive MBA program:
- Submit a resume with approximately eight years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- Health professionals should include residency, fellowships or postdoctoral experience as part of their professional experience.
- Meet UTSA’s University-Wide Admission Requirements. Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be admitted conditionally upon recommendation of the EMBA Admissions Committee and approval of the Dean of the Graduate School.
For consideration in either the General Management or Health Professionals track starting August 2020, please follow the steps below. For questions about the program or if you have questions about EMBA admission requirements, please contact Jim Deranek, Assistant Director of Recruiting and Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 210.458.3622. If you do not meet the minimum EMBA admission requirements, you may be interested in learning more about the UTSA part-time evening MBA.
Steps to complete the EMBA Application
1. Complete our online application by Wednesday, July 15, 2021.
Please note: We only have a few spots left for the upcoming cohort and will process applications as soon as they are submitted.
The application link opens UTSA’s The Graduate School website. Please select “Executive Master of Business Admin (EMBA)” as your program. During the application process, we recommend you connect with Jim Deranek by email or phone (210.458.3622) for guidance through the application process, and to answer any questions you may have.
Please note: Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis until all available class positions are filled.
2. Pay your application fee
- $50 domestic applicants
- $90 international applicants
3. Upload your resume and letter of self-nomination
The EMBA Admissions Committee is looking for intelligent and accomplished individuals who will benefit from participation in the program, and who can contribute to the learning experience of the class.
- Your professional resume should include work experience, responsibilities, accomplishments, community service and other leadership activities.
- Your letter of self-nomination should use a business letter format and answer the following questions:
- What do you expect to accomplish through the EMBA program?
- What learning experiences do you anticipate?
- How do you plan to apply this to your career?
- What unique experiences do you bring to the program?
- How will you contribute to the learning experiences of your classmates?
4. Submit two letters of professional reference
Identify two individuals who can attest to your professional capacities to provide a professional recommendation. After you enter the email addresses for your selected individuals and save your online application form, a message with a link to the online recommendation form will be sent automatically. This form will connect directly to your application.
5. Submit official transcripts
Applications may be submitted with unofficial transcripts for review. However, to finalize admission, The Graduate School at UTSA requires official transcripts from every post-secondary institution an applicant has attended. Transcripts must be received in a completely sealed envelope, or emailed directly from the issuing institution to be considered official.
Electronic transcript submissions: Institutions may submit official transcripts electronically by email to: email@example.com
Mailing address for official transcripts:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: The Graduate School
One UTSA Circle San Antonio, TX 78249
Required foreign credential evaluation: All applicants including non-U.S. citizens (International), U.S. Citizens, and permanent residents who have earned university-level credit from foreign institutions are required to submit official transcripts along with a mandatory evaluation of the transcripts from Foreign Credentials Service of America. An approved evaluation requires a detailed course-by-course evaluation. Summaries will not be accepted.
If your documents are not in English, in addition to the credential evaluation, you must also present the original language documents of both your diploma/degree certificates and your transcripts, as well as provide certified translations of all documents as part of your application package.
Additional EMBA Admission Requirements
No required GMAT or GRE
The GMAT or GRE is not part of our EMBA admission requirements, a waiver is applied to recognize professional experience in lieu of an admission test.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (hold a Green Card), the TOEFL is not required, but your foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Foreign Credentials Service. We recommend Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA), but you can submit a credential evaluation from an approved evaluator.
All international applicants must utilize an approved foreign credentialing agency for evaluations as part of the admission requirements.