Distinguished Business Students
The formal recognition of top business students began in 2012 with the creation of the “100 Best Business Students” award. In the fall of 2015 this award was renamed to the “Distinguished Business Student” award to identify exceptional students within the college and recognize their academic, leadership and professional achievements. Recipients of this prestigious award serve as ambassadors of the college at all times and are provided opportunities to increase their level of professional development through invitations to exclusive College of Business events.
Recipients of this award complete a highly-competitive evaluation process in which they demonstrate a commitment to academics and professional development. Eligible students are classified as seniors and are declared majors in the College of Business. They must have a UTSA and College of Business GPA of at least 3.00 and have earned at least 24 credit hours within the College of Business, including 6 credit hours toward their declared major (Note: this does not include major hours that are part of the COB Common Body of Knowledge). Additionally, all recipients must be enrolled in the subsequent fall semester after receiving this designation. The recognition runs for one academic year.
Roles and Responsibilities
Distinguished Business Students represent the top 1.5% of all undergraduates in the college. Students selected as part of this outstanding group will:
- Receive invitations to select College of Business events
- Be featured on various university websites or publications
- Be offered professional coaching to excel further in their career development
- Receive exclusive opportunities to meet with top executives of various companies
- Be authorized to include this honor on their resume & LinkedIn profile
As part of this outstanding group, students must also agree to the following guidelines. The Distinguished Business Student will:
- Uphold the highest standards of professionalism and integrity
- Participate in official Distinguished Business Student events
- Participate in professional development trainings
- Represent the College of Business as a student ambassador
- Complete the Career Action Program if they have not done so
- Maintain a 3.00 UTSA and COB GPA throughout the academic year
- Comply with all UTSA and COB policies and regulations.
College of Business administrators reserve the right to withdraw the Distinguished Business Student designation from any student who does not comply with these guidelines.
For more information on the Distinguished Business Student award, please contact the Center for Professional Development at 210-458-4039 or email@example.com.
Distinguished Business Student News & Updates