Executive MBA (EMBA) Application Process
There is still time to apply for the Executive MBA (EMBA) cohort beginning August 2018. Our program requires applicants to meet the following criteria:
- Approximately 10 years of professional experience with increasing managerial responsibility. Less experienced applicants will be considered if they can demonstrate exceptional accomplishment.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree.
For questions about the program or more information, please contact Melissa Lackey, Director of Marketing and Business Development by email or phone (210.458.3622).
For consideration in either the General Management or Health Professionals track, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete our online application (link will take you to The UTSA Graduate School form) by Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018. During the application process, we recommend you connect with Rene Munguia, Associate Director of Operations by email or phone (210.458.7421). He will guide you through the application process and answer any questions you may have.
2. Pay your application fee
- $50 domestic applicants
- $90 international applicants
3. Upload your resume and letter of self-nomination: The EMBA Admissions Committee is looking for intelligent and accomplished individuals who will benefit from participation in the program, and who can contribute to the learning experience of the class.
- Your professional resume should include work experience, responsibilities, accomplishments, community service and other leadership activities.
- Your letter of self-nomination should use a business letter format and answer the following questions:
- What do you expect to accomplish through the EMBA program?
- What learning experiences do you anticipate?
- How do you plan to apply this to your career?
- What unique experiences do you bring to the program?
- How will you contribute to the learning experiences of your classmates?
4. Submit two letters of recommendation: Identify two individuals who can attest to your professional capacities to provide a professional recommendation. After you enter the email addresses for your selected individuals and save your online application form, a message with a link to the online recommendation form will be sent automatically. This form will connect directly to your application.
Please note: These do not need to be completed and submitted before the application deadline, but they will be required to confirm final admission.
5. Submit college transcripts: Request your official transcripts for all previous college level work and send them to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: Center of Professional Excellence
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Please note: Final transcripts do not need to be received before the application deadline, but they are required to confirm final admission. E-transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GMAT is not required for admission into the EMBA program.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (hold a Green Card), the TOEFL is not required, but your foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Foreign Credentials Service. We recommend Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA), but you can submit a credential evaluation from an approved evaluator.
If you are in the U.S. on a visa, you are considered an International Student. UTSA will evaluate your foreign transcripts but they must be translated into English. You must take the TOEFL if your degree is from a non-English speaking county. If you have not taken the TOEFL/IELTS or if your score is more than two years old, you will need to take the exam and submit the official score prior to your application’s review at the department for the program.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), INSTITUTIONAL CODE 6919
IELTS (International English Language Testing System), no institutional code
Consult the following chart for a list of the minimal acceptable score for TOEFL/IELTS admissions requirements:
|English Language Assessment Program (ELAP) Exempt||100||600||7|
|Graduate Admission Qualification*||79||550||6.5|
*The minimum score required on the TOEFL or IELTS. Individual degree programs may have higher TOEFL or IELTS requirements for their various programs. Information about the TOEFL can be found online.