Executive MBA (EMBA) Application Process
To apply for the Executive MBA (EMBA) cohort beginning August 2018, please follow the steps below:
1. Complete our online application (link will take you to The UTSA Graduate School form) by Tuesday, July 31, 2018. During the application process, we recommend you connect with Rene Munguia, Associate Director of Operations by email or phone at 210.458.4873. He can guide you through the application process and answer any questions you may have.
2. Pay your application fee
- $50 domestic applicants
- $90 international applicants
3. Upload your resume and letter of self-nomination: The EMBA Admissions Committee is looking for intelligent and accomplished individuals who will benefit from participation in the program, and who can contribute to the learning experience of the class.
- Your professional resume should include work experience, responsibilities, accomplishments, community service and other leadership activities.
- Your letter of self-nomination should use a business letter format and answer the following questions:
- What do you expect to accomplish through the EMBA program?
- What learning experiences do you anticipate?
- How do you plan to apply this to your career?
- What unique experiences do you bring to the program?
- How will you contribute to the learning experiences of your classmates?
4. Submit two letters of recommendation: Identify two individuals who can attest to your professional capacities to provide a professional recommendation. After you enter the email addresses for your selected individuals and save your online application form, a message with a link to the online recommendation form will send automatically. This form will connect directly to your application.
5. Submit college transcripts: Request your official transcripts for all previous college level work and send them to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Attn: The Graduate School
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
The GMAT is not required for admission into the EMBA program.
If you are a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident (hold a Green Card), the TOEFL is not required, but your foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a Foreign Credentials Service. We recommend Foreign Credential Services of America (FCSA), but you can submit a credential evaluation from any evaluators on the NACES website.
If you are in the U.S. on a visa, you are considered an International Student. UTSA will evaluate your foreign transcripts but they must be translated into English. You must take the TOEFL if your degree is from a non-English speaking county. Information about the TOEFL can be found online.