Jesse Baker has been a friend of our program since the beginning. In fact, he was instrumental in bringing the building and development program to UTSA and has been a firm supporter ever since. He believed that the College of Business was the right home for this program. He was a member of the first advisory council for the College of Business and has served as chair of this group. He was instrumental in helping to establish the Elmo J. Burke, Jr Chair, the first endowed chair in the College of Business. He helped us revamp our program to have a broader scope than building and construction as he believes that while construction is a critical part of the Real Estate Area, UTSA would best serve its students with a program that also included the other facets of Real Estate Finance and Development. The endowment for this scholarship was funded by many individuals to recognize the significant impact Jesse has had on our program and home building and related industries in our region and throughout the United States.
Some of Jesse’s accomplishments include:
- Member - National Housing Hall of Fame, Washington, D.C.
- Past President - Texas Association of Builders
- Past President - Greater San Antonio Builders Association
- Past President - Greater Corpus Christi Builders Association
- Builder of the Year - Texas
- Builder of the Year - San Antonio
- National Representative for Texas and Vice President of the National Association of Home Builders
- Executive Committee Member - 15 NAHB administrations
- Past Member - Governor's Housing Advisory Board for Texas
- Past Member - Mayor's Housing Advisory Board for San Antonio
- Past Board & Executive Committee - Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce