Doctoral admission is ongoing. The deadline to receive all admission materials is Feb. 1. New students are admitted once a year to begin the program in the fall semester only. All materials should be sent directly to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX
Applications may be completed online by visiting the Graduate School website at http://utsa.edu/graduate.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A student should hold a master's degree in business or a related discipline before being granted admission to the Doctor of Philosophy in Business degree program. Applicants whose graduate degree is not in a business discipline will be required to satisfy MBA Core requirements. All applicants must submit the following materials:
- Completed application along with the fee. Click here to see application fee table.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GmAT) scores or Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores from a recent (no more than five years) administration of the exam. Information on the GMAT or GRE is available at http://gmat.org or http://gre.org.
- International students must also submit a score of at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL scores may not be more than two years old.
- Three letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources familiar with the applicant's background (at least one letter must be written by an academic).
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement of academic interests and goals.
Admission to the doctoral program is based upon the applicant's entire record and selection is made on a competitive basis. Applicants must comply with all University and College of Business application requirements. See the UTSA catalog for specific degree requirements at http://utsa.edu/graduate.
Our admitted students typically receive scholarships for tuition and fees and a paid teaching or research assistantship. Funding is normally guaranteed for up to four years.
Annual Deadline for Applying for Fall 2015 is February 1st