UTSA CITE Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
Sponsored by Jackson Walker, LLP.
9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The University of Texas at San Antonio
McKinney Humanities Buildings
Kickstart your career as an entrepreneur at The University of Texas at San Antonio’s Center for Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship (CITE) Technology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp. The boot camp, sponsored by Jackson Walker LLP, will be held from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 6in Room 2.01.10 of the McKinney Humanities Building at the UTSA Main Campus.
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
|9 - 9:30 a.m.
||Welcome – Identifying your opportunity
- Cory Hallam, Director of CITE
|9:30 – 10:15 a.m.
||How to legally structure your company and raise the cash
– Stephanie Chandler, Partner, Jackson Walker LLP, and
– George Karutz, Partner, Karutz Flavin Wells Investment Bankers
|10:15 - 10:30 a.m.
|10:30 – 11:15 p.m.
||Marketing and the Art of Understanding Your Customer
– Debbie Prost, CEO and Founder, It’s 2 Cool, ltd.
|11:15 – 12 p.m.
||Prototypes and Contract Manufacturing Your Product
– John Dewey, VP-Operations at ITM Inc., Former Chairman of SAMA
|12 - 12:30 p.m.
|12:30 - 1:15 p.m.
||Intellectual Property: How to protect your idea and brand
– Sean Crandall, Associate, Jackson Walker LLP
|1:15 - 2 p.m.
||Your Fundraising Weapons: Elevator Pitch, Slide Deck, and Business Plan
– David Clark, Director of Enterprise Services, Startech
|2 - 2:15 p.m.
|2:15 - 3 p.m.
||Keynote Address, The Creation GenSpera and new Anti-Cancer Drugs
– Craig Dionne, CEO and Founder of GenSpera
|3 - 3:30 p.m.
||Boot Camp Wrap-Up
|3:30 - 5 p.m.
||Teambuilding for the UTSA $100K competition (private session)
Click Here to Register Online
CITE Bootcamp Parking Map