The mission of the UTSA College of Business Advisory Council is to assist the Dean, faculty, and staff in raising the academic profile of UTSA's College of Business to become one of the nation's best business schools recognized for developing knowledge for a new world and for producing the new paradigm's transformational leaders. The Advisory Council will achieve its mission through a membership of diverse individuals whose stature and community leadership bring recognition to the college, and who:
- Engage in, assist, and support the college's fundraising efforts;
- Consult with and advise the Dean, faculty and staff of the college on curricula and programs, career planning and placement of students, alumni engagement, external affairs and other important issues affecting the future of the college;
- Offer insights to the Dean, faculty and staff on how the college can enhance the impact and reputation of its programs locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; and
- Provide an additional avenue of direct liaison between faculty and the business community for the purpose of promoting understanding, cooperation, and mutual gain through such activities as consulting arrangements, involving faculty members in practical business problems, arranging for guest lecturers from industry, bringing students in direct contact with business executives and their ideas, and offering students practical exposure to current business
Advisory Council Members
Cindy L. Jorgensen, EMBA ’00, Southwest Business Corporation
Denise E. Bendele, ’87, Padgett, Stratemann & Co., L.L.P.
Craig Berkowitch, Deloitte Consulting
Ernest W. Bromley, ’78, MBA ’80, Bromley Communications
Ann Bohl Deacon, ’84, Deacon Recruiting & Deacon Professional Services
Walter D. Downing, MBA ’86, Southwest Research Institute
Steve E. Edlund, Cadence Bank, N.A.
Walter M. Embrey, Embrey Partners, Ltd.
Jeffrey H. Farver
Patrick B. Frost, Frost Bank
Michael A. Garcia, ’85, Omni Hotels and Resorts
Tracy Jackson, '93, EMBA '12, Tesoro Corporation
James S. Kahan
Clayton E. Killinger, ’83, Valero Energy Corporation
Nancy Kudla, MBA '87, Kudla Foundation
Juan A. Landa, Matterhorn Capital Management, LLC
Daryl L. Lansdale, Jr., Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
Susan McGee, U.S. Global Investors
Laura G. McNutt, MPA ’88, Weaver, LLP
Thomas L. Mitchell, Jr., Booz|Allen|Hamilton
George S. Muller, MBA '76, C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
David E. Reynolds, Security Service Federal Credit Union
Marcelo P. Sanchez, Ahmsa International, Inc.
Greg Souquette, H-E-B
Charles M. Wender, Charles Martin Wender Real Estate & Investments
Terry Witte, MBA '87, Wells Fargo Bank
Norman L. Wright, Citibank Client Services
Ex Officio Members
Paul C. Castella, EMBA ’05, Incyte Venture Partners; Center for Innovation and Technology Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
Michael A. Hogan, Hogan Real Estate Services; Real Estate Finance & Development Founders Council
Nancy E. Ozuna, '93, MPA '95, BKD, LLP; Accounting Advisory Board
* Appointed as ex officio member as Chair of advisory group in the College of Business